Spring, a traditional time to do “spring cleaning”, and if you are thinking of getting a divorce a good time to “spring clean” for your divorce.
Here are some “spring cleaning” tips for your divorce case:
- Get Your Financial Documents: You will need to start getting your financial documents in order. This includes getting at least one year of the following statements: (i) bank statements; (ii) credit card statements; (iii) mortgage statements; (iv) retirement statements; and (v) tax statements. Better yet: get three years of those statements and store them in “pdf” format.
- Open Up Your Own Bank Account: Once you are divorced, you will need your own bank account. It is better to have one opened and ready to use before you file for divorce or to open one up right after you file for divorce.
- Open Up your Own Credit Card Account: It is also a good idea to have your own credit card account as soon as possible.
- Check Your Credit Report and Score: You can usually get a free copy of your credit report and score and check if there is any wrong information on your credit report.
- Work with a Divorce Financial Planner: A financial planner will help you with your budge and financial needs for after your divorce is over.
- Research and Meet with Potential Divorce Attorneys: Before you file for a divorce, is the best time to research for a divorce attorney. You should meet with at least two potential attorneys. Read there “google reviews”. You should select the attorney that you believe will best meet your needs.
If you are thinking of getting a divorce, contact David Badanes, Esq. and The Badanes Law Office, P.C. David Badanes has represented hundreds and hundreds of clients and can answer your questions about your divorce. Call us at 631-239-1702 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Badanes Law Office represents clients in Suffolk County, Nassau County, and New York City. Our offices are located in Northport and in Uniondale. We can also meet clients at offices located in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Please like us on Facebook to get important legal news, tips and articles: www.facebook.com/BadanesLawOffice.