After Your Divorce, Should You Sell Your Wedding Ring?

In most divorces, after your divorce is finalized, you are left with your wedding and engagement rings. Should you sell your engagement and weddings rings? Or should you just put them some place safe?

After a divorce is finalized, selling your rings might be a way to move on and leave the past behind. However, there might be reasons you want to keep your wedding ring and engagement ring.

For many women, one of their most valuable possessions are their jewelry and more specifically their engagement and wedding rings. It might be beneficial to sell your engagement or wedding rings to help with your finances or to pay off debt.

However, if you decide to sell your engagement or wedding rings make sure you first do your research. You should work with a company that is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has excellent reviews. You should also look to find a company that specializes in helping newly divorced individuals sell their engagement or wedding rings.

If you do not need to sell your rings for financial reasons, or you just want to keep them, then you have other options. If you still love your engagement or wedding ring, then keep it. You can keep the ring and hand it down to your children or grandchildren in the future. You could also use the diamonds from your rings to make a new piece of jewelry like a diamond pendant.

Whatever you decide to do with your engagement ring or wedding ring, make sure you thoroughly think about it. Do not let your emotions guide your decision. Instead, make an informed decision after thinking about all your options.

The Badanes Law Office has represented countless clients in their divorce and post-divorce issues. If you need an experienced divorce lawyer on Long Island, please contact the Badanes Law Office. Call us today at 631-239-1702 or email at We have offices in Northport and Garden City. We represent clients throughout Long Island, New York.

To get important legal news, tips, and articles, please like our Facebook page:

This article was written by Jillian Enright, Esq. and David Badanes, Esq. Contact them at 631-239-1702.