If you are considering starting a divorce, or your spouse served you with divorce papers, you need to hire an attorney to represent you. However, there are a few tips on how you can save money in the divorce process, they are:
- Make a List of Questions Before Seeing An Attorney. Before seeing a divorce attorney, make a list of questions. This will help you to focus on what questions you have.
- Identify Your Three to Five Most Important Issues. There are a lot of issues in a divorce, however, most likely, your most important issues are limited to three or five. By focusing on the most important issues, you can save time and money.
- Get Your Financial Records. Your attorney will need your financial records. Before seeing an attorney, it is a good idea to start getting those records now. At a minimum, you should get: tax records, bank records, retirement records, mortgage information and debt information (credit cards etc.).
- Save and Print Your Text Messages. In many divorces, text messages can provide excellent evidence. Make sure you save and print those text messages as soon as possible.
- Get Your Own E-Mail Address. By having your own secure e-mail address, you will be able to efficiently communicate with your attorney. There are several companies that provide free e-mail accounts (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.)
David Badanes and the Badanes Law Office, P.C. has represented hundreds of clients and have helped them with common-sense tips on how to save money. If you are considering a divorce, need to hire an attorney, or are thinking of switching attorney, then you need to hire an attorney that will personally handle your divorce, that you can trust, knows the law, and represent you zealously.
David Badanes, Esq. and the Badanes Law Office, P.C. can help you and will answer all your questions about the divorce process. Contact us today at 631-239-1702 or email David at email@example.com. The Badanes Law Office, P.C. has offices in Northport, Suffolk County and in Uniondale, Nassau County.
Please like us on Facebook to get important legal news, tips and articles: https://www.facebook.com/BadanesLawOffice.