Can I Switch Attorneys If I Am Not Happy With My Attorney? Video

Hello, My name is David Badanes, thank you for joining me.  I concentrate in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Northport and Garden City.  Today, I am going to answer the following Question: I’m not happy with my attorney, can I switch attorneys?

Yes, if you want to change your attorney, you have the right to get another attorney.  Your new attorney would take care of the paperwork to be assigned as your attorney and to remove your old attorney.  However, there are certain situations where you may not be able to change attorneys.  As one drastic example, if you are in the middle of a trial, you may not be able to change attorneys.