Here are 5 more mistakes that that you do NOT want to make in your divorce.
- Increasing your debt. When you are going through a divorce, you will face a great deal of financial stress (and emotional stress). However, it is a mistake to increase your debt during this time.
- Not hiring a financial advisor. It is always a good idea to hire a financial advisor. This is especially true when you are going through a divorce or when your divorce is over. After your divorce is completed, your financial situation is bound to be very different. Hire a financial expert to help you plan your financial future.
- Not changing passwords. You probably have many websites, emails, and social media sites that you access via a password. Most likely your spouse knows your password. It is best to change your password to something your spouse will not know or guess.
- Deleting emails, text message or destroying documents. While going through your divorce, you cannot delete emails (old or new), text messages (old or new) or destroy any documents. If the court or your spouse finds out that you deleted any of these items, you could be facing serious consequences.
- Not focusing. I call this the “ostrich” approach, that is putting your head in the sand and not focusing on the issues at hand. Although, you may be overwhelmed at the prospect of a divorce, by not focusing on what has to be done, you will only hurt your cause.
Instead of making these mistakes, it is best to hire an attorney who can give you the best advice on how to handle your divorce. David Badanes and the Badanes Law Office have helped numerous individuals with divorces and in making sure that their client do not make any mistakes. If you need an attorney to represent you in your divorce, call David Badanes and the Badanes Law Office today at 631-239-1702, email me at email@example.com or visit our web site: www.dbnylaw.com. The Badanes Law Office has offices in Northport and Garden City.