David P. Badanes, Esq.
Going through a divorce involves both legal and emotional aspects. Here are five tips to help you survive your divorce.
1. Seek counseling. Divorce is hard and an emotional roller coaster. While your attorney can take care of your legal needs, a professional therapist can help you cope with the emotional upheaval.
2. Join a support group. Lots of people are getting divorced or just got divorced. Joining a support group of people going through the same experience can help you get through this difficult time.
3. Keep up with your hobbies. Whatever you like to do, keep doing it.
4. Do something fun at least once a week. At least once a week, do something fun just for you. It doesn’t have to be something expensive, it can be as simple as listening to your favorite music, taking a walk, or going shopping.
5. Recognize that change is hard. Very few people like change, they get set in their routines and ways. Divorce is one of the hardest changes you will experience. Recognizing this fact will help you get through it.
And one more way to survive your divorce is to hire an experienced divorce attorney who represents your interests. A good attorney listens to your concerns and goals. At the Badanes Law Office, we understand that we represent you and that each divorce is different. We do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to your divorce. David Badanes and the Badanes Law Office have represented numerous clients in their divorce proceedings. If you live in Suffolk County, Nassau County or New York City and need a divorce (matrimonial) lawyer, then call David Badanes and the Badanes Law Office at 631-239-1702, email at email@example.com or visit our web site: www.dbnylaw.com. The Badanes Law Office has offices in Northport, Garden City, Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Please like us on Facebook to get important legal news, tips and articles.